The Building Codes Assistance Project (BCAP) has created a series of maps to provide a national snapshot of building energy code adoption and implementation status, as well as international adoption status.
Click on a map to learn more about the status of energy codes in each state and country.
BCAP makes every effort to ensure that the maps are accurate and up-to-date. If you have any questions or comments about the maps, please contact us.
Other BCAP Code Status Maps
How to access the I-Codes for free on the ICC website
1. Go to Iccsafe.org
2. From the home page, scroll over to “Store” (right side of dark green menu bar).
3. From the pull-down menu (while hovering over “Store”), click on “Electronic Products”.
4. On new screen, blue menu bar, hover over “Electronic Products”, and click on "free resources".
5. Scroll down to "International Codes" and expand by clicking on +
6. Select your desired edition of codes by clicking on it.
7. Select desired code (IECC) from list and click on it.
8. Click on edition and printing to show the Table of Contents.
9. You can then scroll down to every section and sub section of the code.
A pdf of these instructions can also be downloaded here.