New Opportunities for States To Receive Assistance
BCAP Seeks State Partners To Receive Consumer Outreach Assistance
This year, BCAP kicks off a new effort to educate homeowners and homebuyers on the benefits of energy codes. Working with national, state, and local partners, BCAP will raise consumer awareness to increase support for energy codes. Examples of specific services BCAP could provide include:
- BCAP could provide customized, co-branded consumer materials for distribution by local jurisdictions and the state. (Consumer materials can be found online: http://bcap-ocean.org/consumers-take-action.)
- BCAP could provide cost-analysis information to show the real cost and savings to home owners using state-specific data
- BCAP could conduct media outreach (newsletter articles, press releases, assist in setting up and pitching radio and TV interviews) to garner earned media
BCAP is seeking up to four states and four local jurisdictions interested in receiving support. For more information, please contact Kelly Guhanick at email@example.com BEFORE Wednesday, February 8th.
BCAP Seeks State Partners To Receive Compliance Coalition Assistance
Many states have adopted more modern energy codes, but are struggling to provide the requisite training, enforcement, and other support needed to fully implement and enforce the code. BCAP has funding to work with up to six states to develop statewide “Compliance Coalitions” to assist states in their effort to implement and enforce their newly adopted energy codes. BCAP may provide this type of assistance to states:
- BCAP could assist state in determining potential collaborative members, reaching out to them to solicit their participation
- BCAP could help organize initial meetings: e.g., develop the agenda, speakers, format, and provide food for meetings
- BCAP could work with the collaborative for the duration of this project to help determine their needs (e.g., training; funding; outreach to stakeholders, etc.)
As each state’s needs, challenges and opportunities are unique, BCAP will work with the state to provide other types of assistance as needed. Our goal is to assist in the creation of Compliance Coalitions that will be self-sustaining upon our completion of this project in August 2012. States will be selected based on specific criteria, including the probability for long-term success. We intend to identify states by mid-February 2012. States interested in receiving such assistance should contact Maria Ellingson at (419) 724-4571 or firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE Wednesday, February 8th.